Base WordPress Blog – $19
You may wonder why there’s a fee for building a blog when you can create one for free yourself. That’s because the blogs we build use Premium Themes and Premium Plugins (which we have Developer Rights to use) that will make your blogs much more secure from hackers and will provide Search Engine Optimization (SEO) benefits.
However, while the Base Blogs offered on this page will have the SEO, speed optimizations, basic security and other site management plugins, they do not include any of the Premium Plugins or Themes.
Example of a Secure Base Blog (with some content added)
All you have to do once you get your blog is add a them you like and and content to the blog yourself; everything else is set up.
So Here Is What You Get
With A Base Blog:
This is the option to choose if you want a basic blog installed, without a Premium theme, without the Premium Security plugins and without any content. These blogs are, however, Search Engine Optimized (SEO) and come with a selection of top free plugins that will enhance your blog, its security, usability and site management. All these plugins will be pre-configured, so the blog is fully set up and ready-to-go.
- The latest version of WordPress installed (currently V4.8)
- A free theme (usually TwentyTwelve).
- No Premium Security plugins are included though basic free ones are.
- Your blog will use a secure username and password (no “admin” users here)
- All unnecessary posts (e.g. “Welcome” post), pages (e.g. “Sample” page) and plugins will be removed so you’ll have a clean blog ready to add posts to.
- Your blog will include site management plugins also all pre-configured for you
- Your blog will email you a backup of your database once per week
- Your blog will include SEO plugins that are pre-configured for you
- Permalinks will be set up so post and page URLs have the correct format
- Your blog will contain a pinglist that alerts various services when you add content to your site (so helps with site indexing).
- If you opt to have the blog built on our webserver, you’ll get your own cPanel and 3 months free webhosting.
The blog can be built on my own webserver where you’ll get 3 months of free webhosting. You can move the blog to another webhost if you like within that time.
If You’d Prefer That The Blog Be
Built On Your Own Webserver:
…we will need this information from you:
- Your cPanel URL, username and password (you should have already added your domain to your hosting account and set up the nameservers)
- Your theme zip file (and your payment receipt if you’d like me to install a Premium Theme you’ve bought)
- Your Akismet API key if you have one (Akismet filters out spam comments)
- Your Google Analytics code (if you want to track how your site is performing)
All customers will get lifetime access to a membership site that provides 50+ WordPress video tutorials – learn everything you need to know about WordPress especially if you’re new to it!
Need A Premium Theme For Your Blog?
Many free themes can provide a great-looking blog. But if you want themes that can be set up to look different on different sites, then you’ll need a Premium Theme. These are some of the best:
- StudioPress Themes (Highly recommended)
- Elegant Themes (Highly recommended)
- FlexSqueeze Theme (Highly recommended)
- Catalyst Theme
- Mojo Themes
- Socrates Theme
- Thesis Theme
Need Webhosting For Your Blog?
If you still don’t have a webhosting account, get a Baby Croc plan from Hostgator.
However, our recommended webhosting company is Hostnine (we host all our sites with them). Choose one of their reseller accounts – they start at $14.99 per month, but each of your websites will have its own cPanel (makes sites more secure) and your sites can be distributed across 55 IP addresses across the world (USA, Canada, UK, Netherlands and Australia) at no extra cost. With a reseller hosting package like this, your sites get a greater amount of server resources which means they’ll load faster and not be affected by what’s happening on other websites (as is the case with Shared Hosting).
Need A Header Image For Your Blog?
Header images are a fixed size so it’s best to know what theme you want to use and the width of your site before you create a header image or get one created. If you’d like a header image created, you can order one here for $17.
If you have any questions, please either contact me via the Contact page or leave a comment below…